Private In- Home Companion: Available 24 hours per day/7 days per week/Overnights
I am a highly talented Home Health Aide with huge experience in caring for elderly, convalescent, and handicapped persons in home of patients; dressed in neat, clean professional apparel. Duties performed for patients, such as, preparing meals, assisting in and out of bed, bathing, dressing, and grooming; and administering oral medications under doctors' orders or direction of nurse. CPR and First Aide certified.
Summary of Qualifications
• More than 10 years experience as Home Health Aide/Companion.
• Superb ability to work independently and great dependability.
• Excellent oral communication skills.
• Excellent listening skills.
• Excellent eye - hand coordination.
• Sound ability to move about freely and to do light lifting.
• Remarkable ability to motivate patients to follow prescribed treatment.
Home Health Aide
• Administer prescribed oral medications underwritten direction of physician or as directed by home care nurse and aide.
• Change dressings.
• Check patients' blood pressure, temperature and document daily.
• Direct patients in simple prescribed exercises and in the use of braces and artificial limbs, directed only under supervision or instruction of their physician, nurse or PT.
• Maintain records of patient care, condition, progress, and problems in order to report and discuss observations with a supervisor or case manager.
• Massage patients and apply preparations and treatments, such as liniment, alcohol rubs, and heat-lamp stimulation, directed only under supervision or instruction of their physician or nurse. Provide patients with help moving in and out of beds, baths, wheelchairs or automobiles, and with dressing and grooming.
• Accompany clients to doctors' offices and on other trips outside the home, providing transportation, assistance, companionship, vacation travel, formal function outings.
• Entertain, converse with, and read aloud to patients to keep them mentally healthy and alert.
• Perform a variety of duties as requested by client, such as obtaining household supplies and running errands.
• Plan, purchase, prepare, and serve meals to patients and other family members, according to prescribed diets.
You may contact me directly to set up an assessment of care needed- 919-448-4275.
elderlycareproviders, independentlivingcareproviders, inhomecareproviders, seniorcareproviders