You are not logged in   (login)
Follow us on:
Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Our Community: Message Boards, Blogs, Expert Q&A
Ask the Experts

When I go on vacation, how can I find temporary care for a loved one?

I am going on vacation soon, and need someone to fill in for me as my aunt's primary caregiver. What options do I have? I will only be away for 1 week.

respite, seniors, housing, home-care

Answered by: MySeniorCare Staff

What you are looking for is respite care. What type of respite care that is best would depend on your exact situation.

Respite care can be provided in the home, most large home care providers and home care agencies provide these temporary services.

There are also some limited housing options. Some facilities will accept residents who require room and board on a temporary basis. You must also, in most cases, meet their requirements and possibly completion of an assessment. Good luck!

Find local, prescreened & rated senior care providers.

Zip Code:

Homepage | Home Care | Housing | Alzheimer's | End of Life | Finance & Legal | Health


Care Provider Directory | Services for Providers

In The Community

Ask the Experts | Blogs | Message Boards

Customer Service

Contact Us | Frequently Asked Questions | Glossary of Terms | External Resources | Link to Us | Privacy Policy | Terms & Conditions


About Us | Advertise | Advisory Board | Career Opportunities | News & Press

Find Senior Care

Copyright © 2008-2012 Read our privacy policy.